Morpho - The culture of layoffs | Glassdoor

"The culture of layoffs"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Morpho full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are not many pros unfortunatlely. Great place to work 5 years ago.

Cons

Has history of laying off employees that have longevity in the company. The moral of employees are extremely low. Consistently losing market share

Advice to Management

Top level management are steering the company in the wrong direction.

Other Employee Reviews for Morpho

"Good benefits, management is still figuring things out."

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Morpho full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For all its problems, the company has gotten me through the recession while maintaining a middle class standard of living, which is better than a substantial number of people in the US have done. The benefits are pretty good; they actually have a retirement program, which seems to be a rarity anymore.

Cons

Safran took over the homeland security branch of GE (and named it Morpho Detection) just as the economy was tanking, so it’s hard to tell if things got worse because of the new company or the economy. There seemed to be a lot of bickering with the customer about the prices of service contracts and what is or is not covered. As field service person this led to me suddenly having to refuse to fix things that were once covered by the contract, which has caused strained relationships with the customer. They have been looking for ways to cut costs often resulting in back-door pay reductions, such as telling us we aren’t allowed work overtime but if something happens that requires more than 40-house of work, we’ll just have to figure out how to get it done without using overtime, which basically means they expect hourly to work as long as is necessary without getting to get paid any more for overtime even when the work week goes beyond 40 hours. There was a while where it seemed Email from management came with threats of termination for anyone who didn’t do what they were asking for. There were a lot of layoffs, playing musical managers and people suddenly disappearing without explanation. Things seem to have calmed down a bit for the last few months. I hope it’s a sign that they are getting their acts together as opposed to just a temporary lull.

2. "Being a technology company, though it is more operational oriented than focus on technology."

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Noida (India)

I have been working at Morpho (More than 10 years)

Pros

To many challenges, freedom of exploring different solution, you become good negotiator as constantly you need to reason with operational people,

Cons

Transparency is missing, complex hierarchy , as new in organisation it is very tough to break in existing bureaucracy, for technical people some time life seem impossible tough

Advice to Management

Kindly treat all division with equivalents status and be transparent