Morrison Child and Family Services - Good work experience, terrible pay, high stress. | Glassdoor
  1. "Good work experience, terrible pay, high stress."

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed the laid back environment with supportive coworkers along with generous schedule flexibility. The work with the families was rewarding and it was good work experience. The CEO is outstanding!

Cons

There is little to no room for career advancement. There are erratic budget and program cuts- I never felt my job was secure. Positions were cut to save money at the expense of overworking remaining staff. Some locations are in unsafe neighborhoods. The pay is insulting- seriously, most starting pay here is what HUD would classify as low income or very close to it, but the positions require bachelors or masters degrees...

Advice to Management

Rather than looking to the Sanctuary Model to address turn over issues, pay your staff an actual living wage. No one should have the qualifications that they're required to have at Morrison and be struggling to make ends meet.

Morrison Child and Family Services2019-05-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and positive environment. They really work to build their leadership and listen to make improvements

Cons

A lot of turn over, but its a large organization

Morrison Child and Family Services2019-04-07
  2. "Fair Working place"

Former Employee - Youth Worker in Portland, OR

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offered a lot of hours, thus could rack up a good amount of overtime. Nice people to work around, enjoyable culture.

Cons

At times they’d hire people that really didn’t help the team at all.

Advice to Management

Not much really, possibly hire better personnel.

Morrison Child and Family Services2019-04-30

Discover more reviews about Morrison Child and Family Services.