Morrison Healthcare - Rapidly growing company | Glassdoor

"Rapidly growing company"

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative, high tech, aggressive, high expectations, customer focus, great culinary teams, great training department

Cons

Low salaries, very small pay increases, fill positions just to get someone in place and not always the right fit

Advice to Management

Increase engagement with management teams, increase visibility at the account level, improve performance appraisal system, some managers just hand or email their employees the appraisal to read and do not review it with them.

Other Employee Reviews for Morrison Healthcare

"Horrible company.."

Current Employee - Cook in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Cook in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I could come up with, even if I pondered the topic for hours.

Cons

The head chefs I have dealt with (5 of them) while at the account I worked. (3 were visiting and "helping out" from other accounts) are micromanaging and disorganized. The communication between the mnagers and the staff is virtually non existent.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to the employees. Walk the walk. Learn how to walk through work areas safely, and without putting employes in danger because you are oblivious.

"HORRIBLE COMPANY"

Current Employee - Cook in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Cook in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros about working for this company are SOME, if you're lucky, coworkers you may have. Benefit package is decent.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE, they don't care about their employees. Should be short staffed, due to a call in, don't expect your boss to step up and help, they expect you to work 2 positions at once. They don't hire people who are willing to work rather just a body to fill the spot. Morrison has a crazy occurrence policy, they give you one for everything! This company is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Your pay isn't based on your experience, the time you've worked there, or how good of an employee you are, depending on which position you work, that's your pay, you may have 15 years experience and be the hardest worker, they can hire someone else to work the same position next to you who has no experience and is lazy, you both will be paid the same hourly rate regardless, and you always will make the same amount as that inexperienced, lazy coworker. Upper management is horrible. Basically just a horrible company. I've worked there for 5 miserable years, others longer, none of us have ever had a performance review in those years, NONE! I stay because there aren't any other jobs in the area, but I'm always looking.

Advice to Management

You need a complete overhaul.