Mortimer Bell International - Working Here | Glassdoor

"Working Here"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)

I have been working at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work , highly recommend.

Cons

The hours are long but when you get use to the Company football tickets and take advantage of the weekend breaks to Marbella and other locations you can justify long hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Mortimer Bell International

"Should not be operating"

Pros

I can not find the words to say anything positive with this place. In fact if there was any positivity it would last around 5 minutes before being sucked out of you!

Cons

Despicable please to work. Avoid at all costs! Management is a pure joke, laughable even. To the companies that still associate with this company. I hope you see this and un-associate yourself with this company.

The constant disrespect of former employees is astonishing. I am surprised the management has not be taken to an employment tribunal.

Lesson learned. I shall always 100% ready companies reviews from current and old employees before accepting a role.

Advice to Management

Grow up!

2. "The real truth of working at Mortimer Bell"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)

I worked at Mortimer Bell International full-time

Pros

I have left MBI due to relocating to Birmingham with my partner and while job hunting I read reviews of my new employer and then saw the reviews of MBI and i was shocked as it didnt reflect the business at all.

This is the first time I have left a review on glass door, the reason I have decided to leave a review is because some of the reviews are not accurate.

I cannot speak on what the company was like previously to me joining, but I can speak about my experience for last 18 months. So firstly I enjoyed working and If i didn't I would not have stayed in company for as long as did, secondly I was not treat badly during my employment with them.

I worked directly with the Owner and was able to learn a great deal from him and this is something I would have never got at another agency in Newcastle. I was put through 2 internal recruitment training courses and was constantly learning on the job, in regards to new employees the company does a 3 day training course which covers - recruitment - the company - databases / sales training. You will not be thrown in the deep end to drown.

The company has some great pro's and this can be seen in team night outs, training, banter and overall the company culture. My main pro is that there is no hierarchy or the feeling anyone is better than the other, while there is of course the element of competition the owner has made sure that the culture is still fun and enjoyable and everyone in the office wants to see you do well.

The office location is perfect with being just of Grey Street and the commission structure is one of the best in the Newcastle area. Also the owner allowed me to use his car parking space in town for free so I thank him for that as it saved me £40 per week. I can also confirm I was always paid my commission.

Cons

I really enjoyed my time here. While there are negatives to working in recruitment, I couldn't hold MBI responsible for them as it would be the same in any recruitment agency including my new employer.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work here and I will miss you all. I look forward to seeing the company grow.