Mosaic - What you expect from Direct Care | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mosaic

"What you expect from Direct Care"

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate
Former Employee - Direct Support Associate

I worked at Mosaic (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of paid training, love the clientele, pretty good benefits after a year, service, overtime (though frowned upon), wide range of shifts available

Cons

If replacement does not show up, you're basically stuck there unless an on-call worker actually says YES when called, no matter how long you've been there... Direct care can be emotionally and mentally exhausting. Low wages and other budgetary issues working in non-profit agency. Trainers and office staff are often condescending and judge without ever actually working direct care. Management and the whole company go on about caring about the clients, but at the end of the day its a business and they will condense these people into fewer and fewer homes when budget requires it...despite negativity toward institutionalization...seems pretty similar to me. Problematic with changing budgets, etc meaning quality of care and amount company really cares about its clients is going downhill

Other Employee Reviews for Mosaic

1. "Amazing experience, these guys are also known as reset crew, they are pros"

Pros

Good Pay, night job can be your second job. They pay for you to travel to different to different stores in. Terms of mileage and hourly rate

Cons

Less than 32 hrs per week

2. "My experience is with MOSAIC Colorado Springs. Same company/different area"

Current Employee - Dsa in Colorado, Madre de Dios (Peru)
    Current Employee - Dsa in Colorado, Madre de Dios (Peru)

I have been working at Mosaic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training as a Direct Care Associate/DSA is intensive. I have a nursing background and much of what I learned in my 2 week course at MOSAIC were things I previously learned in a nursing program while in college.

Cons

The pay is a joke. The position of DSA really involves specialized training, which in previous years, meant hiring skilled, licensed staff; LPN-LVN/RN. Now they just train you themselves and pay alittle above minimum wage. Hard work with maximum liability, not to mention risk of injury to yourself.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth. A wage that reflects the skill and professionalisim you demand from their services. Employee turnover would decrease while profitability increases, due to not having to spend time and money always training new people. Quality of care would maximize, as the employee becomes more familiar with the client with the passing of time.