Moser Consulting - Great Benefits, Terrible Work/Life Balance | Glassdoor

"Great Benefits, Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company provided lunches, on-site gym, generous benefits package is great! The senior technical folks are top notch which makes for great collaboration. I learned so much in my time at Moser. However, as an employee of a consulting company, remember that you don't work for Moser, you work for the client. All the free food in the world doesn't matter if you are working at the client from hell. Moser does provide... training which is great. Though everytime I had a training session I still had to maintain 40hrs at the client!

Cons

Moser Consulting is a staffing agency above anything else. Moser finds contracts, then sends employees to work for that client. If you are lucky and find a great client then you are set. However, Moser has contracts with some of the worst companies in Indiana. These companies work their staff to the bone, including you. Moser takes no steps to protects it's employees. 80 hour weeks, 24/7 on-call, burnout, and mental... strife are waiting for you. Please be careful when considering Moser as an employer. You also need to watch out for the tech stack at the client. There have been a non-trivial amount of employees that essentially got locked in to old or out of date tech. This is especially detrimental to developers who want to stay on the bleeding edge. You will have a very hard time finding a client to work for at Moser that uses the latest and greatest tech.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and protect them from burning out at client sites. If an employee tells you they are losing weight because they are having troubling eating due to stress, you can't just ignore them. Stand up for your employees!

Moser Consulting2018-02-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fun atmosphere"

Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are there for work and they enjoy it so makes the people and office a really fun place to be.

Cons

Sometime were forgotten and then wouldn't have much support on projects

Moser Consulting2019-02-24

Moser Consulting Response

February 25, 2019Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoy working for Moser and we are very lucky to have fun, positive folks like you on our team. We do apologize if you feel forgotten on your projects. We encourage you to reach out to your team manager or one of our HR Advisors. We would love to have some new ideas on making sure all of our employees feel important. We would absolutely love your input and suggestions. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being part of the Moser Family.

2. "Great"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people and wonderful benefits.

Cons

Communication with in the company.

Moser Consulting2018-10-09

Moser Consulting Response

October 31, 2018Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a review. We are very appreciative of the feedback. Communication is a challenge from time to time and we are always working towards improving our communication. If you have any thoughts or ideas on how to help us improve we would welcome any suggestions anytime. Feel free to swing by and chat with our HR team, your Team Manager, or the owners. We always welcome suggestions on improvement. Thank you for being a great asset to our organization.

Discover more reviews about Moser Consulting.