Motive Interactive - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Former Employee - Sales Stuff

I worked at Motive Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you show that you're willing to learn and up for challenges, management will give you more responsibilities or try and help you grow. Unfortunately, it's mostly a sales/agency company so growth is still very limited. Mostly not micro-managed, management is pretty chill and fairly reasonable. Listens to good ideas and company is eager to pursue different opportunities to diversify revenue, and not afraid... to give something a shot to see how it pans out.

Cons

Management expects you to be responsive around the clock, since a lot of the business is international. Not a lot of growth Small company, ok benefits.. CEO kinda sucks, bit of an ass-hole sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and pursuing different ideas, continue with fun offsites.

Motive Interactive2017-07-23

Other Employee Reviews

"Bringing a little bit of San Francisco to San Diego"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Motive Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Awesome office - Beer fridge / plenty of snacks and drinks / constant free lunches and parties - Weekly massage therapist - Lots of company branded swag - Plenty of autonomy in work - Flexible hours with opportunity to work from home on occassion - Commissions based on overall company growth as well as individual growth - Excellent work stations (new computers, mice, keyboards, monitors) - Lots of shared... space to collaborate and or just hang out and chat with co-workers - Management is quick to act on new ideas

Cons

- Repetitiveness in daily job (probably most jobs though) - No 401k match (this should be a given) - No company equity (would be cool) - Forced "9 to 5" (sometimes you finish your daily work early)

Advice to Management

Motive is trying to bring a little bit of that frantic high-tech San Francisco style of company to laid-back So Cal and has succeeded in many ways, but also has its faults. The industry itself is fairly cutting edge, but we're not changing the world, there's no need to try to convince the staff that we're doing something greater during this short time we're here on earth. We're serving ads. Companies have served... ads long before us, and will long after we're gone, let's just have fun with it while we can! The best part about Motive is the collaboration and the people. Management does a great job at hiring, and if you are so lucky to get a job here, treasure it! You can make the job what you want, there's plenty of people who would rather come in, do their work and leave, which is fine, they get their 'stuff' done, but there's also those who enjoy working together, solving problems and using the shared spaces in the office to toss around new ideas. The new office spaces are very conducive for such a growing group of people. We spend so much time at work and management, especially the CEO, really tries to make Motive a place that you want to brag to your friends and family about, and I do!

Motive Interactive2017-11-13
  2. "Great place to work, hope it stays"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Motive Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

salary, benefits, work environment, support, outings, co-workers are friendly

Cons

Productivity could be better. Important to stay competitive with similar companies.

Motive Interactive2019-03-19

Discover more reviews about Motive Interactive.