Motley Fool - Great Entry Level Company | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

"Great Entry Level Company"

I worked at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

The benefits are actually great.

Cons

Your manager will dictate your experience. Several are not experienced as managers and are promoted with no managerial experience. This company is a stepping stone to better paying jobs.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better.

Nov 27, 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to write this review. We think our benefits are pretty great, too! Internal surveys shed light on areas where we can improve, and leadership training is among our top... More

Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool

"Send in the Grown-Ups!!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice people, laid-back culture, free snacks, can dress any way you want.

Cons

Not a good place if you are hoping for long-term rewards. The company's stock price (set by an outside third party) has barely budged even as the market has boomed. The CEO is a nice guy but lacks the discipline to run a growing company.

Advice to Management

If you want to tell others how to grow their businesses - and stock price - figure out how to do it for your own company. Free snacks are nice, but people are depending on the company's financial success.

Feb 16, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're so sorry to hear you don't feel completely fulfilled by your Foolish experience.

Because the Fool is privately held, we don't publicly comment on our internal... More

"Loved my time at The Motley Fool"

Pros

Several years after I left I still regard my time at The Fool fondly. Some of the smartest, kindest, and most fun people I have ever known worked there. I learned so much about business, company culture and leadership . I use those skills everyday, even years later.

Cons

Not everyone belongs there forever. Sometimes as a natural part of career progression it’s time to move on. There can be frustration when people don’t see their next step within the company. Instead of acknowledging that and moving on there are hurt feelings.

Advice to Management

You’ve all been together a really long time. Be careful that you seek and respect external perspectives. I know you are constant learners and like to promote from within - keep that up, but also embrace diversity of leadership styles from outside.

Oct 9, 2017

It's great to hear that you've benefitted from having worked at The Motley Fool. Employee happiness remains a priority, and our people & development teams work hard to coach individual employees... More