Motley Fool - Intern at the Fool | Glassdoor

"Intern at the Fool"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Motley Fool as an intern

Pros

- Amazing and kind people
- Very fun environment

Cons

- Lack of career growth

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is an out of the box thinker where people can learn new things, work in new roles, and really excel.

Cons

If you're not a starter/doer and neither is your manager, you might find it difficult to find enough to keep busy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep chasing down wild possibilities and keep thinking outside of the box.

Motley Fool Response

May 18, 2018

Thanks for your review! Yep, we definitely look for Fools who are ready and willing to seek out and drive opportunities for growth and innovation. We also have lots of coaching resources for Fools to... More

"Great place to work, really cares about employees"

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

This place has a lot of perks and really cares about employees. We have a team that reaches out to do a lot of random fun things. Unlimited vacation and Fools errand. Every month, someone gets a free 2 week vacation. Member services team sincerely cares about subscribers and a phone call can last hours.

Cons

I’ve noticed some things from several years of a pretty otherwise satisfied experience. People who are here for the perks really outnumber the ones who want to do good work. If you actually do want to get to the next level in your career, it’s hard to find support here. Some critical departments don’t seem to have senior leadership, and it shows through. It seems like many of the people who have been here awhile don’t seem to keep up with what’s going on outside the company.

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback, but spend more time on the things that aren’t going well than repeating the things that are going well. We know this is a great company, but sometimes what’s broken can’t be fixed by adding more perks.

Motley Fool Response

May 18, 2018

Thanks for taking time to share your experiences with our culture and Member Services team – we love those Fools, too!

The Motley Fool’s Core Culture team is dedicated to helping employees... More

Discover more reviews about Motley Fool.