Motley Fool - An OUTSTANDING Place to work. Amazing culture and great business mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

"An OUTSTANDING Place to work. Amazing culture and great business mission"

Former Employee - Director of Organization Development in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Director of Organization Development in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the culture are great. Lots of really smart, passionate people who believe in the mission. The Motley Fool is a unique place that is truly built to last. The business model has shifted, but the culture remains the same. Very employee focused.

Cons

I didn't get to wear my Christmas tie even once.

Advice to Management

Fool On! and don't ever lose what has made the Motley Fool a special company.

Oct 24, 2014

We’re so proud to be recognized for our the passion of our employees and culture. Thanks for calling this out… and sorry about the tie!

Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool

"All the glitters isn't necessarily gold."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More

"Best business education I've ever recieved"

Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Because of the Fools commitment to transparency and focus on developing it's employees I whole heartily believe that I have learned more here than I could ever have hoped to have absorbed from any MBA program.

Cons

The Fool doesn't suffer fools. This isn't a job you "phone in". If you are not used to bringing your A game to work then this isn't the place for you.

Oct 24, 2014

We have definitely built our culture around “bringing your A game.” And we focus on developing our high performers because through them we can fulfill our purpose of helping the world invest better ... More