Motley Fool - Happy to be a Fool | Glassdoor

"Happy to be a Fool"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the responsibility and the autonomy. Creative solutions are encouraged and ambitious failures are used as building blocks. It's a supportive office environment, very collegial and friendly, and there's a great esprit de corps. Our top Fools know everyone's name and set a terrific example. Hard work pays off here and high achievers can flourish.

Cons

The pace of growth is hectic and the hours can quickly add up. Reorgs are common (but at least they're done in the spirit of getting the most out of our in-house talent). If you don't love what you do, or you're not interested in business, you may struggle here.

Advice to Management

It's a great place to work, but keep checking to make sure people are keeping their heads above water.

Oct 24, 2014

So wonderful to know that you are able to be creative and autonomous in your role. That’s just the way we like it! We have recently added more check ins and coaching opportunities for every Fool to ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool

1. "An OUTSTANDING Place to work. Amazing culture and great business mission"

Former Employee - Director of Organization Development in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Director of Organization Development in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the culture are great. Lots of really smart, passionate people who believe in the mission. The Motley Fool is a unique place that is truly built to last. The business model has shifted, but the culture remains the same. Very employee focused.

Cons

I didn't get to wear my Christmas tie even once.

Advice to Management

Fool On! and don't ever lose what has made the Motley Fool a special company.

Oct 24, 2014

We’re so proud to be recognized for our the passion of our employees and culture. Thanks for calling this out… and sorry about the tie!

"All the glitters isn't necessarily gold."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More