Motley Fool - I don't plan to work anywhere else ... ever. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

"I don't plan to work anywhere else ... ever."

Current Employee - Associate Advisor in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Associate Advisor in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love our purpose to help the world invest better, and I love how dedicated we are to creating a culture that's working together to fulfill that purpose. Plus, I get to follow my passion for investing. How many companies truly create opportunities like that?

Cons

We are growing fast and are going through some growing pains, ones that every founder-led company has to go through as the business get bigger: management systems, team structures, decision-making systems, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, which is to focus on building our culture and the development of our employees. It is very clear that management loves the company and the Fools that make it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool

"You make a difference working with smart people with a purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There's a true, meaningful purpose here. You are helping members have a healthy relationship with their finances and moving them toward financial independence. It's a purpose that guides the services/projects and rallies us. Everyone wants to produce A+ work, so the atmosphere centers around "top it" - take my idea and make it better (in a friendly way). The purpose is at the core, and it's supported by an amazing culture that helps employees be productive and engaged. Yes, everything you've read about the culture is true!

Cons

There can be times when a hasty change in plans leads teams to quickly re-form to attack the situation. That's why many of the desks are on wheels. If you're flexible, this works out fine. Also, if you want a linear career path with clean and tidy lines from one role to the next, that management philosophy is not embraced here. It's much more about finding your passion and learning about different aspects of the business.

Advice to Management

Let's keep getting better at constant, honest feedback so that Fools know where they stand throughout the year. Coaches from outside of someone's department is a terrific step in that direction.

Motley Fool Response

Oct 31, 2014

Thanks very much, it’s great to know that you’ve been with us more than eight years and have really embraced our purpose and the spirit of “top it.” The non-linear career path and ability to be ... More

2. "Simply amazing. There is no place like it!"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To have a company be so progressive in how they treat their employees - and having been that way from the beginning, for 20 years - is simply amazing. The executive team does things right, not only for employees but also members, and the people that work at The Fool are all extremely smart, kind, and entrepreneurial. Of course all of the perks and the work life balance is great, but that doesn't hold a candle to doing what you love with a group of people you love and moving together toward a mission you believe in. It's a positive and enjoyable place that really is like no other place to work that I've come across - ever. It's a rare gem.

Cons

While Alexandria and the surrounding DC areas are great, I would love if they had offices throughout the US. Other than that, I can't say enough great things about the workplace, the people, the executive team, and their mission/purpose.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep that great culture in tact, no matter what.

Motley Fool Response

Oct 31, 2014

We are so flattered - thank you for the review! Your mention of “doing what you love with a group of people you love and moving together toward a mission you believe in” wonderfully captures what ... More