Motley Fool - I'd be crazy to leave this place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

"I'd be crazy to leave this place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could go on and on, but some of the main highlights are: the people, the laid-back culture, the flexibility (in both job and work schedule), the trust and mutual accountability, and most of all... the ability to truly change the world. The mission at The Motley Fool is to help the world invest -- better and everyone in the company knows it and is completely committed to it. Every day, you don't feel like you're just going to do any normal job with people you don't really like; you feel like you're part of something bigger and your co-workers are some of your best friends.

Cons

If you need to have stability in your job and workplace environment, then TMF may not be for you. The company moves incredibly fast with new initiatives and strategies and people are expected to adjust just as quickly. You could have a few different jobs at TMF within the first couple years of working there. So, if you really thrive off of stability, you may struggle at TMF.

Advice to Management

While the pace is fast and teams/roles move around incredibly often, ensure that communication of all changes is timely and clear.

Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool

"Excellent company to work for, until it wasn't"

Former Employee - Writer
    Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

As a Freelance Writer, I received excellent feedback and support for my articles. Editors were always willing to help and gave great tips to make my work better.

Cons

Multiple editors suggested that I could become a Contract Writer. I was told many times to "keep it up" or "work with your editors" and you'll get there. However, after three years of writing for the company, and thousands of articles published, Motley Fool decided to cut off all Freelancers with no notice whatsoever.

"Great to work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Motley Fool as a contractor

Pros

Great people, great communication, flexibility. (I'm a contractor)

Cons

As a contractor, no benefits but still lots of flexibility.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!