Motorola Mobility - Project Manager | Glassdoor

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Libertyville, IL
Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

With the acquisition by Google, I think there is a lot of potential going forward

Cons

The atmosphere was awful. Employees were living quarter to quarter due to potential layoffs resulting from poor sales. However, my review may not be fair for future employment since a great many managers have changed and the overall company direction is changing as well.

Advice to Management

Not much to comment on since it will be a new company with Google. However, I do think things will improve.

Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Mobility

1. "Continuous Uncertanty"

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer/Architect in Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer/Architect in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large corporation with many challenges and opportunities to network and grow. Also very good benefits including but not limited to, on premises health club, health care, 401K with matching, employee stock plan, bonuses.

Cons

Management has no direction and feel very reactive. Many felt that this was similar in many areas of the company. That added with the continued uncertainty of the constant mass lay-offs over the past 10+ years made for a stressful environment that almost encouraged a non-cooperative environment in which most everyone's morale was extremely poor. Now mind that I am also one of the few who has not been laid off. I can only imagine the view from that side of the fence.

Advice to Management

Create a culture that the employees want to be part of and be a company that the employees can trust again.

"Was a rocky ride, but no regrets as future does look pretty good."

Former Employee - Post Sales Support in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Post Sales Support in Chicago, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Google take over should take company in the right direction as new senior management team does seem to have a solid vision for the future of the company.

Cons

Lay offs 9 out of 12 years, made for a tough working environment. Company was top heavy but Google seems to be taking care of this issue.

Advice to Management

Not a good idea to force employees to have "face time" unless you actually take time to get to know individual employees and their talents.