Motorola Solutions - Lots of palace intrigue... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Solutions

"Lots of palace intrigue..."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Senior Director in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, lots of smart people. Market leader in everything it does.

Cons

Too many political agendas, spend too much time justifying yourself instead of getting on with the job.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way.

Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Solutions

1. "Constant cost reduction pressure makes it difficult to do the job right."

Former Employee - IT Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Motorola Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Motorola Solutions is now a financially stable company with a in-demand product line and a solid outlook for the future. The company has shed divisions that were not part of its core direction and it is now very focused.

Cons

There is constant pressure to reduce costs. Many functions have been outsourced, resulting in poor internal services (IT, security, etc.) for employees.

Advice to Management

You can't get something for nothing. If you need a service, be prepared to pay for it and not an inferior version.

"Great company that makes you excited to make life-saving products and have solid job security."

Pros

My role involved a tremendous amount of incredible, international travel. Our design team was so close it was my second family. I stayed a good 4 years longer than I expected because it was fun going to work everyday and felt purpose in the products I was helping create.

Cons

It's still an engineering company at heart - makes it tough sometimes to drive innovation when the company still cares more about time and cost. They're coming around, though. Good place to gain tremendous hands-on experience with product development. Sometimes tough to grow/be promoted due to the senior management lifers.

Advice to Management

Encourage more innovation. Stand behind the designers as much as Marketing and Engineering. Many of us do not see eye to eye on your promotion choices for Director and Senior level managers. Those individuals should exude intelligence, ingenuity, and respect.