Motorola Solutions - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good financially, great Innovation, ok benefits, talented co-workers. Great company to work for. Great history and reputation. Global experience.

Cons

Constant restructuring keeps ones on their toes although top management has been consistently in place for a while.

Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Solutions

1. "Out-Sourced to Asia"

I worked at Motorola Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

nothing relevant for employee success

Cons

Tenure means nothing - out-source at will

2. "Concerned for the future"

I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time

Pros

It is nice to be able to work from home when needed and I am grateful for the vacation time. I am also fortunate to have a great manager, but that is pretty much where the pros end.

Cons

The fact that I am going through my second acquisition in two years is a joke. The CEO only cared about his $50 million paycheck when he sold off the enterprise business. This company has no direction whatsoever, or if they do, they're sure not sharing it with their employees. I'm concerned that Zebra doesn't really know what they're getting themselves into.

The lack of training has been brutal. How do you expect your employees to be successful when you don't give them the right resources? I know how great things can be and at this point in time, they are terrible. The benefits could be better and the compensation is lacking. The company is just so large that no one knows what anyone else is doing. Everyone focuses on their tiny bit of responsibility and never takes a step back to see the big picture (nor are they willing to branch out).

Morale throughout the business is at an all-time low. You honestly wonder every single morning if today is the day they outsource your department or send you on your way. Living in constant limbo is no way to be. You feel like your tenure and experience mean nothing.

The ethical standards of this company worry me too. How is it ethically responsible to lay off numerous US employees, only to give their jobs to a third party company in Mexico that pays its employees $11 a day? How about shutting down an entire Canadian warehouse and sending those jobs to China? Unfortunately, it seems this company is all about profit and nothing more. If they're striving for something else, then they have a funny way of showing it.

Advice to Management

Please stop outsourcing!!! You may be paying people in the US more money, but we actually know what we're doing and that will save time and money in the long run.

Make sure your employees are happy and have the tools needed to succeed. Without your employees, this company is nothing. Simplifying processes can go a long way.

Also, give middle management the ability to make the right choices for their teams. Too many times, it's upper management making decisions and having no idea how it will affect the people actually carrying out the decisions.