Movado Group - Movado Co. Store - I enjoy working for Movado but it is not somewhere I would want to stay after I graduate. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Movado Group

"Movado Co. Store - I enjoy working for Movado but it is not somewhere I would want to stay after I graduate."

Current Employee - Third Key in San Marcos, TX
Current Employee - Third Key in San Marcos, TX

Pros

Sales experience, well known product, networking with great clientele, small staff size, fun and laid-back work enviroment, hourly wage is extremely competitive compared to similar retail stores in the area.

Cons

No raises, commission bonus plans do not adequately reward sales associates from smaller revenue stores even if they are consistently hitting their monthly budgets. Outdated inventory system can be frustrating and administrative staff tend to be condescending to line level employees and store level managers. I feel like they think they are in a more prestigious position than what they really are, and are slow to go out of their way to help track down product and transfer product.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to realize that quick decisions that are not thought through well, can result in exponentially more work for line level staff and store-level mangement. Put yourself in the shoes of a store manager before you significantly alter his/her daily responsibilities regarding budget, paperwork, and enforcement of new policies.

Allow store managers to run their stores how they want, including time-off, daily scheduling, lunch allowances, budgets, and access to the computer and internet.

Other Employee Reviews for Movado Group

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Movado Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

For full time employees the benefits are great. I worked there for a little over 2 years . Management always took the employees needs into consideration.

Cons

I have no complaints about this company

2. "Good company, but corporate needs refining"

Pros

Earn up to 5% commission, competitive pay, and low level of difficulty.

Cons

Corporate does not tend to listen/respond to feedback in a timely manner.

Can become extremely monotonous.

Advice to Management

Listen to those people who experience shifts in business directly. Their feedback is usually bemeficial.