Moy Park - Worst job I have ever had - avoid if you have any ambition or self respect | Glassdoor
  1. "Worst job I have ever had - avoid if you have any ambition or self respect"

Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose

I worked at Moy Park full-time for less than a year

Pros

At least you get paid more than the dole.

Cons

- Work I had to do was boring, repetitive and not challenging. A job stacking shelves would be more rewarding and challenging. - Pathetic pay - a job stacking shelves actually pays better. - Lack of opportunities for career advancement. - Worst HR department I have ever witnessed - warning bells should have sounded when a placement student was basically running it. - Lack of a proper induction - the one... I got involved signing a form to approve of working over the maximum number of hours a week set out in law. It took 2 weeks before I got properly set up on the computer system. - Long hours - awful work/life balance. - Unqualified management who didn't seem to care about my concerns. - Depressing workplace environment - the place stank and it was rare to find someone who spoke English. The canteen resembled what I imagine a prison canteen to be like. - Poor staff morale - everyone I talked to was depressed. - The actual area the factory is located is also depressing - middle of nowhere. There was nowhere to go out for lunch etc. - Seeing first hand the exploitation of foreign workers - paying them minimum wage for long hours doing repetitive demoralising tasks. The type of work that is so bad they can't get any local people to apply for it. No wonder they are so pro EU. I remember being excited about starting my first "graduate job" for the biggest company in Northern Ireland. This proved to be the worst job I have ever had in my career to date for so many reasons. I was young and naive at the time and was so excited to have landed a job with graduate in the title. It was so bad I left after a few weeks. Leaving after the first few weeks was the best thing I ever did as my career has gone on from strength to strength since. To anyone who has any ambition in life - please avoid here at all costs.

Advice to Management

Make clear to candidates what the job is going to be like.

Moy Park2019-08-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "IT was very good, nice experience!"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Dungannon, VA

I worked at Moy Park full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay good, good food in the cantine, good hours and days off

Cons

Nothing that i remember at all!

Advice to Management

Try to advice more and lead well!

Moy Park2018-10-27
  2. "A very pleasant experience from start to end of career"

I worked at Moy Park full-time

Pros

Good company structure, many opportunities for personal development, excellent training ground for graduates

Cons

no specific cons to report

Moy Park2019-09-29

Discover more reviews about Moy Park.