- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Political, unstable, and toxic teams that encourages weak leaders to "lead"Mar 18, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
High salaries, high bonus, competitive benefits
Mozilla is a mess. The CEO bailed almost a year ago. The COO is doing his best to lead the company through extraordinary transition. The executives have been resigning in the last year. I think there are five who have left now. Mozilla is private and pretty much anything goes. Relationships are important so if you think you're going to go into the job and get it done, think again. You better have solid relationships build around you, and leverage them to your liking, otherwise you'll be alienated or punished in your reviews. There are teams that are under resourced and others that have over hired. Would be great if there was some strategic direction that identified the margins of revenue-per-employee or some best practices to remove the pressure points. Expect to work long hours with a lot of unexpected travel. I was initially attracted to the remote worker policy. In reality it means you're working odd hours because of the distribution of the team or traveling to other locations. It's not for everyone but certainly a great opportunity for those who are more flexible.Continue reading
Other Employee Reviews
- Current Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Staff Security EngineerMar 23, 2023 - Staff Security Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1) Being paid to work on open source projects and positively impact the world 2) Working on challenging software and cryptography projects 3) Working with brilliant minds 4) Being able to work remotely 5) Competitive Pay
1) Interview process could be a little more organized and structured 2) Work-life balance could be little better with a little less work hoursContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Great place to work so farMar 19, 2023 - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good salary and bonus. Benefit package is legitimately great. I haven't been there long but they really seem to care about their people. Good work/life balance.
100% remote work makes it hard to make connections, although they try hard. Somewhat uncertain future for the company.