Mu Sigma - awesome | Glassdoor

"awesome"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bengaluru (India)
Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Mu Sigma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

freedom and sense of responsibility

Cons

lower compensation as compared to industry

Other Employee Reviews for Mu Sigma

"Freshers are fresh resources in Mu Sigma to be exhausted in 1-2 years."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Mu Sigma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Mu Sigma can help you learn some languages mainly SAS and Excel.
    -Good switching options. After working in Mu Sigma, one of my senior team member told me, other companies would view you as survivors and ready to survive anything.

Cons

Unfortunately the list is too long.
    -Unethical business practices of forcing long working hours on paltry pay. At a meagre salary of 23k for 1.5 years, I am supposed to work for 10-15 hours daily.
    -Extremely undefined management practices. The older team members, who are not Associate managers or Managers tend to act like your boss and give you orders while you carry all the chorus and manual labour of doing report generation and Quality check. They meanwhile chill out and enjoy the sunshine.
    -Dynamic deadlines. If you work hard , they will set a new deadline and you will have to work even harder. You are treated no different from a robot.
    -Freshers specially are treated bad. My lead claims that the unofficial policy of Mu Sigma is to make freshers work the hardest and then get rid of them eventually in 2 years. Since most of the work done is manual reporting and data generation; it can be done by low-paid Business Analysts. Pay of 2 BAs= 1 Senior B.A. is how he tried giving me, a B.A. double work.
    - No breakthrough or modelling in Maths occurs here. Any fresher , like me , who love math should not get fooled by the motto of Mu Sigma. Essentially no maths happens. You just write SAS codes to find mean, median , mode , % change. If you think that's great Maths, go brush your tenth standard books.
    - No work-life Balance(?)
    -Low pay. Same wage is given by T.C.S and Infosys for much better work-life balance. The salary for fresher B,A, is 300k as fixed pay, 30k as variable pay which you get after 1.5 years and 70k as bonus which you get after 1 year. Effectively 23k in hands per month.
    -Surviving MSU is tough. Imagine working till late while learning 5 languages.
    -The list can go long. But in a nutshell, if you are smart, avoid this one buddy!

Advice to Management

Please improve on above points. You have to do a lot if you want to grow and succeed. Your first-mover advantage would not getting you too far.

"all about priorities"

Pros

learn business side of work
    if you are career enthusiastic in analytics....this is THE place

Cons

very low salary
    treat employees like dogs