MultiCare Health System - Beware.... | Glassdoor

"Beware...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved my co-workers, and my duties. The pay was fair.

Cons

Extraordinarily stressful work environment, especially for RNs and those who work directly with patients (RNs beware: Unrealistic patient: RN ratio). Punitive and fear based management. I had the highest productivity in my department (130%), but was pressured to do more, and was indirectly pressured to inflate my productivity. When I reported that co-workers were inflating their patient contact time, (i.e. lying), and, therefore, the bill the patient got), I was given a cold shoulder and my supervisor refused to talk with me about it. Also, I reported a serious, continuous HIPPA violation: An investigation was done and problems found, but the reviewer had someone higher up make her tell me to "drop it". After 12 years I left due to unethical practices, and unbearable management (80% of them). RNs cry here regularly, due to overwhelming stress. Your boss will throw you under the bus immediately, rather than investigate the concerns or perceptions of others. This job is appropriate for beginning level employees who need experience and who can tolerate being treated with disrespect. PATIENTS: Keep someone with you to help you watch for medication errors, to clean you, to help you get to the toilet, and to help you. Your poor RNs are far too busy, and cannot meet all of your needs.

Advice to Management

1st: When consulting with the legal department regarding an appropriate problem employees are told not to document the consultation. I understand that the legal department needs to protect their records, however, not documenting it puts the employee at great risk legally and internally. 2nd: Stop laying off front line workers: They keep the system functional. The loss of them makes other employee's jobs incredibly stressful, and you know it has and does put patients at risk. Last: We work at a health care system, yet we can barely afford to seek medical treatment due to the poor quality medical insurance you provide (High deductibles, high co-pays, limited coverage).

Other Employee Reviews for MultiCare Health System

1. "Loved working for Multicare as a whole"

Pros

Best co workers and pay was decent for the job type

Cons

Very "corporate" feel, upper management a little disconnected from whats happening " on the front lines".

2. "Patient Care vs. Self Care"

I have been working at MultiCare Health System (More than 3 years)

Pros

Patient care is excellent and the primary focus in all MultiCare does. Pay and benefits are fair market standard. Upward mobility is possible.

Cons

The culture of the organization is fear based and micro-managed...starting at the very top.

Advice to Management

When considering the employees that make up MultiCare, remember to follow the core values you state, especially respect and kindness.