MultiCare Health System - Great Employer | Glassdoor

"Great Employer"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Puyallup, WA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Puyallup, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, education opportunities, great scheduling

Cons

none, I enjoyed my time with multi care

Other Employee Reviews for MultiCare Health System

"MultiCare was nice while it lasted, after leaving though happy to be separated."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Patient Care focused, Expanding to provide more care. Direction of the company is very patient focused, "give them the pickle".

Cons

Policy regarding PTO and EIT was not created to deal with EIT abusers but as an easy fix which takes away the ability to save vacation time if your position has high ratio of low censusing. HR is there to protect the company not the employees.

Advice to Management

Work towards "win win" situations, in every aspect of HR relations

"Beware...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved my co-workers, and my duties. The pay was fair.

Cons

Extraordinarily stressful work environment, especially for RNs and those who work directly with patients (RNs beware: Unrealistic patient: RN ratio). Punitive and fear based management. I had the highest productivity in my department (130%), but was pressured to do more, and was indirectly pressured to inflate my productivity. When I reported that co-workers were inflating their patient contact time, (i.e. lying), and, therefore, the bill the patient got), I was given a cold shoulder and my supervisor refused to talk with me about it. Also, I reported a serious, continuous HIPPA violation: An investigation was done and problems found, but the reviewer had someone higher up make her tell me to "drop it". After 12 years I left due to unethical practices, and unbearable management (80% of them). RNs cry here regularly, due to overwhelming stress. Your boss will throw you under the bus immediately, rather than investigate the concerns or perceptions of others. This job is appropriate for beginning level employees who need experience and who can tolerate being treated with disrespect. PATIENTS: Keep someone with you to help you watch for medication errors, to clean you, to help you get to the toilet, and to help you. Your poor RNs are far too busy, and cannot meet all of your needs.

Advice to Management

1st: When consulting with the legal department regarding an appropriate problem employees are told not to document the consultation. I understand that the legal department needs to protect their records, however, not documenting it puts the employee at great risk legally and internally. 2nd: Stop laying off front line workers: They keep the system functional. The loss of them makes other employee's jobs incredibly stressful, and you know it has and does put patients at risk. Last: We work at a health care system, yet we can barely afford to seek medical treatment due to the poor quality medical insurance you provide (High deductibles, high co-pays, limited coverage).