Multimedia Games - A quick, basic review of the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Multimedia Games

"A quick, basic review of the company."

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

Pros

Fast Paced environment. Company Barbeque's. Fun and exciting projects. Co-workers are fun, friendly, and intelligent.

Cons

Company seems to spread itself thin in new product development. While this can be attributed to the industry's demands, it would be nice to see growth in the use of products already in the market.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on acquiring/developing new game titles to expand our selection in current markets. Seek out additional markets that can utilize our existing products.

Other Employee Reviews for Multimedia Games

"Improving Daily."

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

Fun and productive work environment, fantastic career training, and great benefits. Teamwork is actively encouraged, and opportunities to collaborate, troubleshoot, and learn make working here incredibly rewarding. Despite growing pains, company is picking up steam. Excited to see what we can achieve in the coming years, and highly optimistic for the future of this company.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult, but will likely fade through active and transparent communication. It would be fantastic to create the sense of a cohesive team among all studios and locations.

Advice to Management

We want to help! Communicate actively and recognize the individual needs of each studio, and let us know what's going on.

"Discouraging Environment"

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great, clean environment, and free coffee.

Cons

Things started off great, but now... Overbearing management is regularly difficult. Little to no creative freedom and lots of over-the-shoulder guidance. Lot of egos and control freaks with little to no social skills will run you into the ground. There's now a feeling of soullessness where I used to enjoy my work. Management is heartless and dictatorial. Every day is a new bit of drama and the atmosphere is heavy and full of paranoia.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. Let people do their jobs and communicate in kindness. More than half of my co-workers are actively seeking employment elsewhere. If you want to fix anything, fix that. Help people enjoy their jobs again. When socializing, have positive discussions, be encouraging.