Murphy Oil - its a great job. | Glassdoor

"its a great job."

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Houma, LA
Current Employee - Head Cashier in Houma, LA

Pros

the pay. i like that my mgr works with me on my hr.

Cons

working weenends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! working weekends, oh and working weekends

Advice to Management

work with your cashiers. tell them when they r doing a good job! and dont make them do jobs you wouldent do yourself! like take out the trash. even leaders need to do that stuff sometimes.

Other Employee Reviews for Murphy Oil

"The worst place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

Honestly I appreciate the fact that I have a job,but thats all.No other pros here.Not a good company at all.

Cons

This has got to be the worst place I have ever worked in my 30+ years of employment. They do not care about the employees at all.You have one cashier working and 100 things for that cashier to do in addition to waiting on customers.Then there are glitches in the system or something. Money just disappears and even though everything is on video the cashier is made to pay cash shortages over $25.00 back or be terminated.Every cashier in my store has been made to pay money back or lose their job. I do not understand that concept at all. The promotional opportunities is a big joke as well.Was told I was being promoted and then they gave it to someone else yet still continue to tell me I am being promoted.Its no wonder this company has such a high turnover.Theres too much dishonesty here.I am on my way out the door as quick as I can.Honestly,I cant afford to work there if I have to keep paying back money all the time....especially money I haven't taken.Something is just fishy about that to me.

Advice to Management

You need to revise your policies and run thorough checks on your systems in every store.Cashiers should not be written up and terminated due to circumstances beyond their control.You need to stop acting like customers are so honest .Not all,but several are very dishonest and with the economy as bad as it is,well,its just not always the cashiers fault and you should stop blaming and punishing them.If there is not glitches in your system,then there is some funny business going on somewhere.

2. "not bad"

Current Employee - District Manager in Glasgow, KY
    Current Employee - District Manager in Glasgow, KY

Pros

the pay is good, the people are good, and it is overall a good job.. good money, a lot of free time

Cons

trying to keep up with so many stores at once, and dealing with employees who sometimes do not want to work

Advice to Management

keep trucking, it is a good company and people are fun to work with, keep up with your stores and hire good people