Murphy USA - Cashier | Glassdoor

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Fultondale, AL
Former Employee - Cashier in Fultondale, AL

I worked at Murphy USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment itself is positive, you're always busy, and have plenty to do while working your shift.

Cons

some of the challenges while working at Murphy are bitter customers that aggravates you but you have to stand strong and remain positive as if nothing is wrong and know how to handle rude customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Murphy USA

1. "Fantastic place to start a career!"

I have been working at Murphy USA full-time

Pros

Murphy USA provides training to help you develop, great advancement opportunities, and even better people to work with!

Cons

Murphy USA is headquartered in a small town in South Arkansas. Although it may not be a bustling city, you can't beat the close-knit community you join when moving to El Dorado, AR. The people really do make the difference!

"Murphy USA is the best company I have ever worked for in my 15+ years of experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at Murphy USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been employed at Murphy USA for 90 days now, and I'm continually impressed by the company's commitment to my professional development and well-being. The culture here is so positive and everyone is happy to help you learn the ropes. From Day One, I have had all of the equipment and guidance necessary to succeed in my role. The relocation package was the best in the business and the benefits are exceedingly good. More than anything, I am impressed by the way the company lives by its Core Values and how it treats its customers and employees. Murphy USA certainly realizes that people are the key to successful business.

Cons

El Dorado is a relatively small town. It will take some time to adjust if you are used to the conveniences of a large metro area. However, the people here are very nice and they realize that Murphy USA is the lifeblood of the town. They go out of their way to assist Murphy employees. And, there are quite a few cool places to visit within a couple hours drive. (Dallas & Memphis are only 5 hours away! And since the typical work schedule includes a half day on Friday, it is very easy to take weekend trips to explore.)

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core values. Continue to invest in your people and into the town of El Dorado to keep your employees happy.