Muscular Dystrophy Association - The lack of quality leadership is very evident | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

"The lack of quality leadership is very evident"

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees at the District Level are typically helpful. The administrators are AMAZING and consistently go above and beyond. The Directors could use some management/leadership training though.

Cons

The Divisional Team is SO far removed from the mission, it's ridiculous! They do not know how to communicate well with others and its always all about the money raised (which doesn't typically go where the donors/sponsors/families think it does). They care nothing about he people and turn-over is astronomical!

Advice to Management

Definitely take the time to train and develop. It needs to start with upper management. The leadership iis VERY VERY poor.

Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

"Lots of Work for Little Pay"

Former Employee - District Director
    Former Employee - District Director

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for what they do for the families

Cons

Bad pay for the hours and effort put into the job

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals

"Not the organization, it's the people!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

Pros

Great benefits and vacation time. Never have a problem taking 1/2 a day off for sick child, family issues, etc.

Cons

Always, money, money, money. National is out of touch with what is going on in each office. Supervisor is always cursing, ranting, and raving. Very immature and unprofessional. You are very underappreciated and I do feel like a work horse. When an employee leaves, I am expected to do 3 positions, simply because I am a good worker. But then I am not given a raise and/or compensated.

Advice to Management

I believe employees should get to do director and regional reviews. There is no way for National to get a true grasp of the all the drama circulating in each region. All there is, is gossip, negativity, and there HAS to be someone to be a true employee advocate. I've gone to my director with concerns, only for the entire office to find out and have everyone mad at me...it was a valid concern! We need someone to be concerned for office staff. We are the ones busting our butts to raise the money for MDA and we are passionate about what we do. Show us respect and concern.