Muscular Dystrophy Association - Great potential but not there yet | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

"Great potential but not there yet"

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The families we get to work with are the most amazing people you will ever meet, and the vast majority of the staff are deeply dedicated to advancing the mission.

Cons

MDA is in a period of intense change, with an all-new executive team coming on board this year and making sweeping changes. Radical change may be just what the organization needs, but it makes for an unstable and uncertain work environment where no one ever feels secure in their jobs.

Advice to Management

Start "walking the walk" regarding employees being our most valuable resource, and start promoting from within.

Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

1. "The organization serves an amazing group of families."

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clients (families) are such an inspiration. Organization has a solid mission.

Cons

Hours can be extensive and draining.

"Painfully awefull and unproffessional waste of talent"

Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Fargo, ND

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The families who simply wanted cures are wonderful! Vacation time isn't bad if you are there long enough

Cons

I was lied to durnig my interview, my executive director (who was really only 1/2 step above me) was unbeleivably unprofessional. I left MDA almost two years ago, and I am still recovering. I'm an extremely resislient person with incredible endurance (which is why I lasted more than three years), but my employment with MDA was a traumatic one.

I was expected to give my life to the company. My family and my health were of little to no concern to them, yet I was expected to be so concerned about someone else's health that I'd work 13-15 hour days.

I was expected to drive into all hours of the night on many occasions. After 1.5 years, I finally got doctors orders stating that I was not to be driving past 10 pm or before 6 am because of the insane expectations put on me.

Advice to Management

Quit.