Muscular Dystrophy Association - MDA is an AMAZING and REWARDING company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

"MDA is an AMAZING and REWARDING company to work for"

Current Employee - District Administrative Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL
Current Employee - District Administrative Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's amazing coming to work each day knowing you are making a difference in someone's life! Additionally, MDA has the best benefits...hands down! Holiday pay, sick leave, personal days and an amazing vacation benefit. My last 2 jobs I had to wait 5 years to earn 3 weeks vacation...at MDA I earned 4 weeks in my 3rd year!

Cons

You work hard...all day! But at 5p it's time to go and what's left is waiting for you in the morning! Most times you're working on more than one event at a time...but each day is a chance to be successful...all for our families! Without us who do they have?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support! And thanks for recognizing our hard work, extra time, successes and so on! It means the world and truly makes all the difference. It makes me WANT to stay with MDA - knowing my efforts are noticed and therefore acknowledged.

Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

"It's a great feeling knowing that what you do every single day makes someone else's life better!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Contributing to the greater good. I can't imagine ever working for a company that doesn't give back on the level that this one does.

Cons

We've been slow to embrace modern technology & methods. And sometimes a bit slow to train people on the new technology.

Advice to Management

Keep the forward momentum going please! We are only as good as the tools we can utilize.

"Great mission, toxic management - on all levels."

Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with a few great people that I would work with again if given the opportunity.

The families were my motivation! They are an amazing and unique group of people that I will keep in touch with for years to come!

Cons

Work load, stress level, LONG hours, unrealistic expectations, no respect from management, no matter how good you are/do it's never good enough.

No work life balance...all work all the time.

Micromanagement at its worst.

Advice to Management

CHANGE IS GOOD!
    The only way this organization will make thrive again is for upper management to change! Either change the way they think, act and treat their employees or for several new people with new and fresh ideas to enter those positions. If you don't start treating your employees like they matter and you respect and appreciate all that they are doing, you will continue to receive reviews like these and have one of the highest turnover rates of all nonprofits!