Musixmatch - Young and passionate | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Young and passionate"

Pros

Long vacation, mini-kitchen, snacks, coffee

Cons

It's in Bologna, Italy - see it as a disadvantage if you don't like small towns

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bologna (Italy)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bologna (Italy)

I worked at Musixmatch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere , environment, lots of benefits sport related .

Cons

Nothing to mention except some formers employees putting spammy reviews

Advice to Management

Love your effort on keeping high value balancing sport, health, etc

"Worst CEO Ever"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Musixmatch full-time

Pros

Colleagues are great, really nice, friendly and skilled. Tech stack is amazing, probably the best you can work with in Italy. If you like music it is a cool place to work at. I am really sorry I had to quit the job, but if you'll read the cons you will understand why...

Cons

The CEO is the most prepotent and arrogant person you will ever meet in a company. He has no respect for anybody. He keeps shouting at everyone all the time. He talks all the time about team spirit and culture, but he himself is really narcissistic, selfish and individualistic. Whenever he needs something, you become his best friend. One second after, you are garbage.

Talking to him is completely useless because he manipulates you and he turns the cards on the table however he likes.

When you meet him the first time he's really nice with you, but things changes after the first months.

So, I would recommend to talk to former employees, and if you accept a job offer be prepared to face this person.

Advice to Management

You have to understand that you cannot treat people who work for you like garbage. Your profits comes from the hard work of your employees. People quit because of you, not because they cannot handle competition. Don't hide yourself behind a finger.

But I'm sure I'm throwing a stone in the ocean. You will keep behaving like you always did. You cannot take criticism.

Musixmatch Response

Apr 3, 2019 – Musixmatch

Thank you for your review on our company. We appreciate your comments both positive and negative, however we are saddened by your experience and the way you may have perceived management.

We would... More

Discover more reviews about Musixmatch.