Mutual of Omaha - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Mutual of Omaha full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer first company that also cares about its employees. Really great benefits, and is overall a pretty great place to work. The culture from the top down has started to change in recent years to more of a new age culture (casual dress code).

Cons

Some aspects of the company are a little outdated. The building is old and could definitely use some renovations.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the culture changes and company values. A lot of people are still working that were here when things were different, and there is push back, but most of the company believes in where we are headed.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Conservative, Family-Oriented Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Mutual of Omaha full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits: they offer crazy cheap yoga classes ($20 for 12 classes), they match 6% of your 401k (and an additional 2% even if you don't have a 401k set up). Hours are can be flexible; you can choose when you come in and leave for your 8 hour day. We get typically 5-7 days of personal time a year, that can be used for sick days, appointments, or vacation, and that is on top of our vacation time, which you can accumulate up to 136 hours a year when starting out. Career-wise, there is so much opportunity at our corporate headquarters. You can start out in one field, and switch to a totally different field if you prove your worth.

Cons

Slow to change, health insurance can leave you paying a lot out of pocket, caters much more to the older employees. It's headquartered in Omaha, and all the other offices around the country are for sales only.

Advice to Management

Support and nurture your employee's career trajectory.

2. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Mutual of Omaha (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and coaching opportunities are provided.

Cons

Everything is timed....need to understand somethings will be outside of the timed scope.

Advice to Management

none

Discover more reviews about Mutual of Omaha.