Mylan Inc - Mylan is an excellent opportunity for hardworking type-A professionals. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mylan Inc

"Mylan is an excellent opportunity for hardworking type-A professionals."

Former Intern - IT - End User Services in Morgantown, WV
Former Intern - IT - End User Services in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Mylan Inc as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere is great if you are hard working. Almost everybody there is out to succeed. Benefits are great if you are a full-time employee. Bonuses are good if you are producing. Christmas party is awesome. Leadership was driven. Highly recommend.

Cons

GMP and IT security protocols can make certain aspects of employment a chore. Dealing with union employees is frustrating. Lots of red tape in certain areas. Firing process is pretty brutal to witness, but if you are producing you shouldn't be worried. Lots of things are very hush-hush and office politics can be overwhelming at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Mylan Inc

1. "Great opportunity to join a growing, developing company"

Current Employee - Operator in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - Operator in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mylan Technologies is a growing company and is working hard to create a sustainable company in the U.S. While leadership is not perfect, there is genuine concern for improving the site to allow long-term employment and management generally cares about the employees. Much of the current dissatisfaction is based upon the change from a small local company to a global company that has greater demands and expectations. Change is hard and is more difficult for some. You can't beat the benefits, the pay is good for our area and we get to live/work in beautiful Vermont. The best place ever. I really like my coworkers and management. We've grown a lot in the last couple of years and that has been difficult, but Mylan has always been good to me. I really like my coworkers. They are dedicated and knowledgeable and very hard working.

Cons

Rapid growth. Changing to become a global company. Lots of new employees (see rapid growth). There has been a significant amount of overtime but that seems to be getting better. Lack of some resources to make our jobs easier.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees. Hear what they have to say. Everyone is busy, but many of us have ideas on how to help. I would like to see more of you on the shop floor. Not more of the ones I already see, but the management that I don't usually see.

2. "Great experience"

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

Nothing to say, love working here for more than 14 years