Myriad Genetics - Great Idea Bad Exicution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

"Great Idea Bad Exicution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Myriad is patient centered company where they really do try to make sure that they are giving the best product that they can.

Cons

Lack of advancement and work/life balance for all. If you are an upper level employee Manager and above then you have it good. If you are below that level you are often at the whim of those above you. Mandatory OT and hiring Temps all the time rather than proper staffing so people can take time off. Almost never promotes from within unless you are a favorite. The revolving door of upper level managers Directors and VP's that are higher from outside that stay just long enough to find something better or send there time alienating other employees that have been here and know how to do there Jobs. Company Culture is all about making a buck as cheap as possible end of quarters usually end with holding back samples so that we don't out do what wall street wants. I would have left if I did not care about the patients and the economy was better.

Advice to Management

Focus on internal development of employees they will stay longer and be happier also stop playing favorites. Peters principle is definitely in effect here. I know I am tired of being treated like a Mushroom if you know what I mean. Clear leadership from Pete M. and Mark C would be nice as well. MBOs would be great if they were based on something other then getting my VP there raise for the year while I see mine shrink every year as profits go up.

Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics

"Good Luck"

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Most people are hardworking and treat each other fairly. Pay and benefits are very good.

Cons

It is all about performance, if you get it done, you can treat people as poorly as you want, especially if you are in management. Most are fair, a few are way out there.

"Super Repetitive"

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Typically work 3 12hr shifts or 4 10hr shifts. Very easy job. Super repetitive.

Cons

Super repetitive, gets boring after a while. Supervisors are not afraid to tell you who there favorite is and treat others unfairly. Other technicians are very clique-y; almost feels like being in high school again.

Advice to Management

Be more professional.