Myriad Genetics - Not bad, but not a great career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

"Not bad, but not a great career"

Current Employee - Lab Technician II in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Lab Technician II in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Benefits at the company are pretty good. Other companies I have worked have had similar benefits, but the benefits aren't bad. The stock options and stock are very important to utilize while working here (since the pay is horrible). The other employees are very generous and most people are willing to go the extra mile to help you.

I have learned many lab techniques and business skills from working here. I have definitely increased my knowledge and network as well. I would recommend this place more as a "stepping stone" to a new career or school.

Cons

The pay is very bad; it seems that upper management has a much higher salary and never has any desire to help out the people actually doing the work. Even people in positions where higher pay would be expected; people are not compensated accordingly. The only way to compensate for the lower pay was to work overtime, but now they have became tyrannical on working too much; thus no overtime is now the norm.

Recently, the company has begun posting record profits; but for some reason cannot give raises or promotions accordingly. It seems as if they do not care about the workers in the company. Many people in the company have very low morale and do not like their current position. Further, forget about getting a raise or promotion in the company. They will never give you one; every job transfer is always a lateral transfer, meaning the same pay is kept when moving departments. This means that one might end up with more work to do in their new job, but undeserved pay.

Advice to Management

Do not forget about the workers in the company. Many people in the company are unhappy. I would suggest surveying the employees (anonymously of course) to see what their concerns are. There are many very intelligent people willing to improve the company if given the chance. Lastly be more competitive with salary and raises. Stock options and stock are not enough to compensate the workers in the company (remember we do not receive large amounts of either). But keep working on the benefits these are very nice and help out my family a lot. Thanks for the work you pretend to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics

1. "OK"

Current Employee - Research Associate I in South Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Research Associate I in South Salt Lake, UT

Pros

Beautifil location, great work environment

Cons

Need to promote more employees, recognize hard work not just the bottom line

Advice to Management

Value your employees or they will leave...

2. "Account management"

Current Employee - Account Management
    Current Employee - Account Management

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company feel. Best in industry products. Pay for performance culture.

Cons

Account management position bonus change frequently to limit earnings. Not consistent with other positions bonus.