Mythic Entertainment - Mythic went through a transformation... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mythic Entertainment

"Mythic went through a transformation..."

I have been working at Mythic Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Mythic a few years, and this is a totally different studio than it was when I started. The structure of the teams are different, smaller with shorter project cycles. Management also went through a pretty huge restructuring and it has made a world of difference. Pretty much every aspect of the studio is stronger and it feels like we're finally ready to win. The culture is brilliant, I can't think of people I'd rather work with... I can say that last summer I was looking to move on from mythic... things were bad for a number of reasons but I'm so glad I stayed on. I don't blame any of the negative reviews below, they were accurate for the time, but this place has gone through a transformation and there's no other place in the industry I'd rather work.

The benefits are sweet too.

Cons

Fairfax, Virginia. That's where the studio is. It's not a bad place... its actually quite nice... not a whole lot going on...

Unless you're lucky/senior you probably aren't going to have much say at all in the types of games that are made, but that's the case with any major studio.

Other Employee Reviews for Mythic Entertainment

"Mythic has been almost everything I could have asked from it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Mythic Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As some of the earlier reviews can attest, Mythic has gone through dynamic change recently--and it has emerged far the better for it. The studio is active and agile, and the leadership is trying very hard to be transparent. It is easier here than any place I have worked to expand one's role and try new ideas. The management hierarchy is very flat; there's not a lot of middle management, which means that communication is usually very clear. There is a strong sense of working together.

Cons

Mythic is now a mobile studio, and anyone who is looking to make the kind of games Mythic used to make (large-scale MMOs) should think twice. Also, because the studio's structure recently changed, things are moving very quickly and it can be difficult to keep up with all that's going on. All signs point to this being temporary, though.

Advice to Management

The new direction is solid and sound, and a far departure from the Mythic of three years ago. Keep it up!

"Bidding BioWare Mythic a sad farewell"

Former Contractor - Accountant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Contractor - Accountant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Mythic Entertainment as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Today was my last day at BioWare Mythic (aka Mythic Entertainment). I left because I am relocating out of state. I truly enjoyed my job. I looked forward to going to work. My co-workers were friendly and always helpful if I needed something. The work atmosphere is relaxed - one that promotes creativity which is really needed in this industry. I think the employees feel like a team and truly work together. I will miss working there and miss the people.

Cons

Hmmmm.... to be quite honest, I can't think of one.