N2 Publishing - Inside look at N2 Publishing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for N2 Publishing

"Inside look at N2 Publishing"

Former Employee - Area Director in Glen Carbon, IL
Former Employee - Area Director in Glen Carbon, IL

Pros

If you are a salesman then this company is a great opportunity for you to control your own schedule and make as much money as you can. The leaders are good, Christian men who are honest and will help you to succeed. Their product is a great way for businesses to advertise to elite homeowners. They have a national network of successful area directors who can testify to the great opportunity N2 can provide. The best reason to work is the flexibility in your schedule. You work whenever you want. You can take vacation whenever you want and work only the amount of hours that you need in order to make the money that you need for that month.

Cons

The company is rather new in the advertising business and they are still refining their operations. At my time of employment, there were no benefits offered to employees as you basically operated independent of corporate. You must have a background in sales, preferably in advertising or marketing, to succeed with this company. Another tough thing about working at N2 is that your peers are spread around the country and it is tough for some people to work completely by themselves. The training at the time of my employment was well intended, but not nearly in depth enough for a new salesman to succeed.

Advice to Management

I would focus on hiring sales people to start opening territories and I would invest more resources into the ongoing training of employees. I would try to streamline processes that take up a lot of time for the area directors such as editing, phone calls, etc. and make use of a central phone center.

Other Employee Reviews for N2 Publishing

1. "Amazing Company, 9 years in"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance is incredible, people, flexibility, the ability to create an unlimited income.

Cons

I'm not thrilled that leadership now allows people to be a leader without owning a magazine themselves. To me it's questionable why some are in a leadership when they have not earned it like many have. Makes you question the integrity.

Advice to Management

Most of the time they talk the talk but in other cases it's definitely a good old boys club which is off putting especially for the amazing leaders in the company who have worked hard to get where they are and see positions of leadership given to people who can't even run their own magazine and then get up at conferences and earn plaques that are not deserved nor earned.

"Great job for Mom's - but hard for the pregnant girls/new moms!"

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

N2 is very family friendly and a top choice for moms that want to work, but also want a very flexible schedule to spend more time with their children/families.

Cons

All of the Pros tend to become a stressor when trying to expand your family. We work in this job to be close to our families and challenge ourselves. However, that becomes more of a stress when we want to expand our families. Giving ourselves a true maternity leave (at least 3 months) means our salary goes down in the meantime. a bonus of some sort might help!

Advice to Management

Maybe give new moms in this role a bonus to keep their head above water while out of the field. Making moms feel like they