NAPA Auto Parts - The best there is! | Glassdoor

"The best there is!"

Current Employee - Former Manager Now Counterman in Parsons, KS
Current Employee - Former Manager Now Counterman in Parsons, KS

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In all,i have just under ten years in with NAPA / GPC.In that time,i have worked for them in three states and seven stores.The company has a great outlook,along with the other companies under the Corporate "GPC" banner.In general,they DO care about their employees.Benefits are not cheap,but they are available to ALL full time employees.They also have ongoing training courses which some are mandatory,and they fully support ASE certification.Many staff from corporate,to store level have well over 10 years in service.If you look for a future,with stability,i would certainly recommend GPC NAPA.

Cons

Not all stores are corporate owned and in many cases,it's hard to see the independents from the corporate stores.Independents are run differently in many cases and i can't say which ones are good,or better.

In the case of the "Company owned stores" i can admit that some managers can not handle the pressure of the job,that others can.In these particular stores,the staff often fail as a team and are not around as long as the better run stores are.NAPA will investigate problems like this,IF THEY ARE INFORMED ABOUT IT! Area managers,Divisoin managers and General managers,DO have an open door policy,as do HR managers and Division Vice Presidents.

Stores have frieght delivered every night.These stores often get way too much freight sent in and in several stores i have seen,there is just no where to put it.

Staff reviews are done often.I usually put my customers first and in my review,it reflected it.I personally was "dinged" for being "too friendly" with customers and "spending too much time with the customers" These "dings" are the only reason i am moving on.It's in my nature to provide good customer service.

Advice to Management

Talk with your staff.Find out how leadership is at your stores,especially the main counters.Restrict excessive freight being sent to the smaller stores.In some cases it's dangerous and in others,a health hazard.Quit "dinging" staff because we are "too friendly" with customers,because it encourages us to move on.

Other Employee Reviews for NAPA Auto Parts

1. "Great Stable Company with awesome benefits"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for the corporate side of NAPA has a lot of benefits and pretty decent pay depending on what you do.

Cons

Can involve a significant time of travel and away from home time.

"Toxic atmosphere"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at NAPA Auto Parts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job, but not great pay.

Cons

Employees doing more than smoking cigarettes out back while you do their work.

Advice to Management

Be more professional.