Cover image for NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

The most unique place to work on the planet

Oct 30, 2020 - Senior Enterprise Applications Software Engineer in Pasadena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

JPL is the most welcoming and open organization that foster diversity, equity, and inclusion to ensure everyone reaches their highest potential and feels that they belong

Cons

JPLer don't want to retire

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Salary at JPL

Nov 20, 2022 - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The wage is pretty decent at JPL

Cons

The wage is still not as high as expected.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's... Okay?

Oct 25, 2022 - Electrical Engineer IV in Pasadena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Interesting, meaningful, work. -People really care about the missions. -Most individual contributors are great people!

Cons

-Low pay -Telework is allowed but discouraged - Presentee-ism is a real problem -Immediate Supervisor has far too much power over your career path. If you have a good one, you are in great shape, but if not then you are going to hate it here. This is my biggest gripe. I have been at JPL for 8 months, and I'm already looking elsewhere and planning to leave by my one year anniversary. I'm an experienced electrical engineer, so there are plenty of other options locally. I wanted it to work at JPL, but I don't think it will.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Careers

Cover image for NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a unique collaboration between NASA and Caltech. We are funded by the space agency to serve the space...More

• What We're Made Of
  • Working Here
  • Quests

NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Photos

+ Add Photo
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: Photo of the JPL Employees
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: The Mars 2020 Helicopter Team reviews some of the first images of the Ingenuity helicopter from its historic first flight on Mars.
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: The Mars Helicopter team celebrates the mission success by proving powered flight on Mars in possible.
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: The Mars 2020 Helicopter team waiting for data.
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: Employees virtually gathered to watch and celebrate the successful landing of NASA's Perseverance Mars Rover
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: Lucky peanuts ready! JPLers celebrate the landing of Mars 2020, NASA Perseverance Mars Rover from home.
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory photo of: Mission socks are serious at JPL