NAVAJO Company - experience w/ big companies, pressure on employees to work long hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NAVAJO Company

"experience w/ big companies, pressure on employees to work long hours"

Current Employee - Flash Developer
Current Employee - Flash Developer

Pros

get experience w/ big companies

Cons

location, pressure to work long hours at times

Advice to Management

less pressure on employees to work long hours

Other Employee Reviews for NAVAJO Company

1. "Manager"

Pros

Great People who work here

Cons

bad hours, little work life balance

2. "Unique experience"

Former Employee - Copywriter
    Former Employee - Copywriter

I worked at NAVAJO Company full-time

Pros

both pro/con:
    Nice, professional coworkers always willing to help each other out, and pleasant office, although it was so quiet that it felt almost self-conscious to talk aloud, as in a library. When hired, the work I thought would be a major part of my job was minimal. The work I actually spent most time on required knowledge of enterprise technology, of which I had none. And the final work produced was very exacting. Thus it was a pretty steep learning curve and it took a while before the light went on, but management was very patient and my supervisor and coworkers were very helpful in allowing me to learn this new marketable skillset. I was a square peg, and instead of fitting me into a square hole, shaved off my corners and fit me into their round hole. But in the end I learned a new skill, and am grateful for that.
    The environment is really a non-environment, workers engaged with their computers, spending their 8 hours plowing through the work in front of them. I had hoped there would be more flexibility, especially considering the nature of the work, and was led to believe so when hired, but there was minimal opportunity to work outside the office. And with the office located in Milpitas, it’s inconvenient unless you live in the south bay.
    I think the company has potential to move beyond it's core service of mostly producing case studies and success stories, especially with its track record with major tech firms, which would also make things more interesting for employees. Management could also infuse more, or encourage more, dynamism in the office. Even something as simple as, say, a sound system softly playing classical music in the background would help.

Cons

cons combined with above pros