NBCUniversal - it is a roller coaster ride, and not all of it is fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

"it is a roller coaster ride, and not all of it is fun"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Universal Cty, CA
Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Universal Cty, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it is not boring, but it is chaotic and there are a lot of politics that drive decisions

Cons

the politics and uncertainty are maddening at times. there are a lot of seemingly arbitrary deadlines set with no thought given to the reality of meeting them.

Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal

1. "Lots of nonsense since GE took over"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Universal City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Universal City, CA

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, smart people, talented people. Working on the lot or have access to the lot. Lots of affinity groups for women, GLBT, Asian, Black, and other employees - very inclusive work environment. Lots of women in management.

Cons

All these talented people can barely get their jobs done with all the beaurocratic obstacles tossed in their way thanks to GE's "military"-esque management style. Corporate need for managing every statistic and every detail of every detail has taken most all of what you loved about your job out of your job.

Advice to Management

Cut the metrics/statistics/managing of the managing of what's being managed and just get back to letting people work. Offshoring, while extremely profitable for GE and has brought many bright people to our work environment from India, has been a true killer of any joy of work for all employees in IT. Basically our jobs are to manage people to do what used to be our own jobs. Really fun. Not.

2. "Great company instilling invaluable experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Universal City, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Universal City, CA

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Human resources does a really great job with transitioning you into the job. As an intern, you are given all the tools needed to succeed. My director always took the time to explain his expectations for the job, why my contributions were important to the team, and kept me engaged throughout the duration of the intern program. I not only met a lot of great people, but also gained invaluable experience.

Cons

Some intern positions within the company are unpaid while others are.