NBCUniversal - The best career of my life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NBCUniversal

"The best career of my life."

Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I worked at NBCUniversal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to do quality news work.

Cons

Always working weekends and holidays

Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal

1. "The best internship experience I've had"

Former Intern - Digital Media Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Digital Media Intern in New York, NY

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly coworkers and an inviting atmosphere combine to make a pleasant working experience.
    - Interns are provided with opportunities to connect w/ fellow interns and employees in other departments.
    - Toward the end of your internship, you can apply internally for another internship. It's an advantage, especially if you land a position (I didn't).

Cons

At the time, internships were unpaid. Though the company reimbursed for travel, it would have been nice to earn a wage. They offer this benefit now, which covers travel (and then some) for interns coming from New Jersey.

2. "Best internship I have had thus far"

Former Intern - Production Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Production Intern in New York, NY

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Location! You are located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza across from The Today Show. You will have the opportunities to bump into celebrites as most talk shows are held in the plaza.
    You get hands on experience in the production industry. If you have never logged, transcribed, dubbed, or screen shot videos, you will do ALOT of it here. The networking opportunities are limitless! I have networked with Senior Editors, Executive Producers, and so many other Senior employees because they work within the SAME building. The facility is awesome and on the basement level (mezzanine) there are lots restaurants and shops. You will have the ability to work "crash" segments and work directly with the senior editor (get to know your hr manager). So opportunities will come about; don't think, just take them! You will do alot of research and pitch stories, it will be expected. Oh and NBC Universal takes care of its employees! If you work after 9pm you get CAR SERVICE home! it was amazing, nothing is better than a longs days work and nice ride home in a S class Mercedes with driver..ahhh...I miss those days.

Cons

It was unpaid when I interned but I think they are paid now. They did provided a transportation stipend. Sometimes you will have SLOW days but think outside the box and do something with your time. Use it to netowork. I met a msnbc producer by being at the right place at the right time, have faith and go for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing are doing! but if you can please PAY interns.