NBCUniversal - Great internship | Glassdoor

"Great internship"

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, they really work to make sure you get as much out the experience as possible. Both negative and positive experiences with supervisors are encouraged to be reported to ensure each intern is learning from their team. Also - it's paid!

Cons

As any big company, it's pretty corporate. You get limited access with your badge, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for NBCUniversal

"easy job, could've taught me more useful skills"

Former Intern - Communications Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Communications Intern in New York, NY

I worked at NBCUniversal as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Internships are paid and my job was basically just to keep up to date with pop culture and anything relevant to the specific network. Won't complain about getting paid for that. Employees are young and friendly. The offices are nice.

Cons

Definitely need to be the type to make your own type of work and ask for different jobs. You need to be able to take initiative or you will be bored.

"Hard work, long hours; totally worth it!"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NBCUniversal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The talent level is elite, the resources are infinite, and the attitude is as Type-A as you can get. This combination of traits creates a team atmosphere that allows each of us to individually strive. The benefits are what you would expect of a company of this size, while the perks are actually much more uncommon, as there are constant opportunities unique to only the TV, film, and content provider industries.

Cons

As previously mentioned, the hours are a bear. We can be a bit understaffed at times, mostly due to turnover amongst the younger employees. This can cause an overwhelming workload for many of us, especially during peak times.

Advice to Management

Try to reduce turnover by offering more competitive compensation and focusing on promoting from within. While the latter is certainly a positive at the moment, there can always be more reward for employees who perform well.