NBH Bank - Great Environment | Glassdoor

"Great Environment"

Former Contractor - Compliance Analyst in Denver, CO
Former Contractor - Compliance Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at NBH Bank as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The Chief Compliance Officer was very hands on with staff, very involved in the day to day activities, and held biweekly briefing meetings to not only learn about the status of everyone of board, but to test, and groom our knowledge and functionality of assigned tasks. In my experience of working with many high level corporate executives and elected officials, I would have to admit that this individual was the best.

Cons

I have no complaints.

Other Employee Reviews for NBH Bank

"Cheapskates"

Current Employee - Operations in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Operations in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the location in downtown KCMO.

Cons

Where to begin? Working in an open office means every phone call, cough, and conversation is heard by about 40 people. It is incredibly distracting not to mention unsanitary. If anyone brings in a cold or flu bug, you can bet you're next.

They announced a new 401(k) contribution policy in a vague e-mail from HR. Apparently the employer match to 401(k) accounts will be made once annually. So now I am missing out on building my retirement bi-weekly and gaining dividends throughout the year. Also, if you leave the company before the end of the year, you will not get any employer match to the 401(k). Could you be any cheaper? How disgraceful. I'm pretty sure the exec's pockets are filling up while they are whittling down employee benefits and pay. Can't wait to see what pitiful pay increase I earned this year.

Also, they weighed community service as one of the highest values on employee evaluations. Since when does community service indicate my abilities as an employee? Sounds like an excuse to shortchange people for their good work. If they are so worried about community service, give us 8 hours paid time off to volunteer during working hours.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and uptight. Hourly employees are overworked and underpaid. I enjoy my work and coworkers but feel completely undervalued working at NBH. I wish I could say something positive about my job other than its location. Very sad indeed.

"Internal Audit Manager, Operations and Compliance"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at NBH Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Forward thinking organization with good associates that want to do the right things

Cons

Audit staff was located in Kansas City, MO and I was located in Greenwood Village, CO

Advice to Management

Better communications with associates on the state of the company.