NCH - Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCH

"Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, talented coworkers, on site gym and cafe, upper management seems to listen, many people have worked here 10, 20 or 30+ years. Good insurance benefits. Generous incentives and bonuses - they do reward hard working, smart people here. I enjoy my job at NCH.

Cons

The IT department could be a little better - I'm still running Excel 2003 on my computer. Some people do have Excel 2010, so I guess we are all being slowly upgraded. There are multiple systems to learn, and no real training on how to use them when you are first hired. You will need to teach yourself a lot. Some of the furnishings and equipment (like phones) are probably 20 years old, but it's a minor issue.

Other Employee Reviews for NCH

"If you like structure and standard practices this is a good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a Global based company with a wide variety of services & products. The company is pretty stable and has good benefits.

Cons

The hard work isn't always recognized by individual contributors. Thinking outside the box is not viewed in a positive light from all the business areas.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better communication strategy. Let your direct reports and their employees know expectations and vision

2. "Overall it was good up until the point of my position being suddenly eliminated on a Tuesday"

Current Employee - Network Systems Analyst in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Network Systems Analyst in Macon, GA

I have been working at NCH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many divisions of different products with varying IT needs and requirements helped to provide exposure to a broad range of technology. Company upgraded entire infrastructure during my employment which allowed a good look at how things get done at all levels in that dept.

Cons

Unless you are willing to relocate to TX in the United States, upper level IT jobs are not there as all North American support is generally done out of HQ in Irving.

Advice to Management

When you acquire a company with competent personnel, macromanagement can be just as bad as micromanagement. An effort should be made to bring those people on as part of the team if they are kept through the acquisition process.