NCH - Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCH

"Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, talented coworkers, on site gym and cafe, upper management seems to listen, many people have worked here 10, 20 or 30+ years. Good insurance benefits. Generous incentives and bonuses - they do reward hard working, smart people here. I enjoy my job at NCH.

Cons

The IT department could be a little better - I'm still running Excel 2003 on my computer. Some people do have Excel 2010, so I guess we are all being slowly upgraded. There are multiple systems to learn, and no real training on how to use them when you are first hired. You will need to teach yourself a lot. Some of the furnishings and equipment (like phones) are probably 20 years old, but it's a minor issue.

Other Employee Reviews for NCH

"So bad I'm afraid I will be recognized for writing this"

I worked at NCH full-time

Pros

They only fire people some times and only if they're unpopular enough with the right clique, so if you can stomach the place you can stay forever.

Cons

So bad that I'm actually afraid to write anything here. All I will say is I worked there for many years longer than I should have. This place is so hostile you will need therapy to get through your days until you can land another job, particularly if your skin is the wrong color or you are different in ANY way.

Advice to Management

Sooner or later you'll just be left with people who really can't work anywhere else.

"If you like structure and standard practices this is a good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a Global based company with a wide variety of services & products. The company is pretty stable and has good benefits.

Cons

The hard work isn't always recognized by individual contributors. Thinking outside the box is not viewed in a positive light from all the business areas.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better communication strategy. Let your direct reports and their employees know expectations and vision