NCO Financial - Friends don't let friends work at NCO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial

"Friends don't let friends work at NCO"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job, and honestly there are people there that are great to interact with. Also, if the center as a whole is doing well then they do try to put prizes out there for exceptional performances.

Cons

When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule. I've had and seen several issues there with paychecks in the past that are difficult at best to get resolved. The grading system they had in place when I left for the quality monitoring of the calls was rather subjective. They also had an issue with a high turnover rate on employees.

Advice to Management

The changes that were needed may have been taken care of by now- I don't know. However, my suggestions would be to stop keeping unions out of the place, or at least make it so the unions wouldn't be necessary. If someone is sick, or has a sick or injured child or family member it would be a good idea to let them take care of that. Such actions would help employees feel like they're cared about and thus would make them more willing to work through any mess in a positive way and keep them there.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO Financial

"Terrible work environment"

Former Employee - Technical Support I in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Support I in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work with Apple and learn about Apple products

Cons

Poor management
    Blatant age discrimination
    Blatant favortism
    Unrealistic expectations across the board

Advice to Management

Do not discrimanate based on age. While you think you are fooling people, when no one in management is over 25 it is obvious what is going on.

"Chewed up and spit out"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a 3rd party Collector or a CS agent, this is the company you want to work at. As a Collector, either working for NCO or TSI is a good choice. If you are a CS agent looking for a stable/legitimate home based position, pursue the openings available at ALW Sourcing. This feedback applies to the Phoenix, AZ office due to the superb GMs in place there.

Cons

Assine & archaic hiring process, reluctant to adapt to change. Various business groups have a difficult time getting along with each other. Office politics play too much of a role in everyday activities.

Advice to Management

Management by intimidation is not always the best policy.