NCO Financial - My experience working at NCO-Charlotte (iTunes) was unpleasant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial

"My experience working at NCO-Charlotte (iTunes) was unpleasant."

Former Employee - Email Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Email Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shift bids are held often. Benefits available after a short amount of time. Good place for advancement of women.

Cons

Seniority not considered when promoting/advancing. District Managers not open to solving problems on a case by case basis. Confidential information made to employee reporting lines (whistleblower) made public and informer's name revealed. Behavioral issues not addressed when reported. Benefits expensive.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO Financial

1. "Collections Representative"

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

????? At times the incentives can be rewarding.

Cons

Accounts assigned to collectors are controlled and distributed by managers whom play favoratism.
    This allowed for managment to control your overall salary when working on commission.

Advice to Management

Become honest leaders.

2. "Friends don't let friends work at NCO"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job, and honestly there are people there that are great to interact with. Also, if the center as a whole is doing well then they do try to put prizes out there for exceptional performances.

Cons

When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule. I've had and seen several issues there with paychecks in the past that are difficult at best to get resolved. The grading system they had in place when I left for the quality monitoring of the calls was rather subjective. They also had an issue with a high turnover rate on employees.

Advice to Management

The changes that were needed may have been taken care of by now- I don't know. However, my suggestions would be to stop keeping unions out of the place, or at least make it so the unions wouldn't be necessary. If someone is sick, or has a sick or injured child or family member it would be a good idea to let them take care of that. Such actions would help employees feel like they're cared about and thus would make them more willing to work through any mess in a positive way and keep them there.