NCO Financial - Great experience, every step in my career is a learning experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCO Financial

"Great experience, every step in my career is a learning experience"

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is wonderful opportunity, working at home, Working at home help work on your time management,

Cons

working with NCO lacks the structure of raises.

Advice to Management

consistent raise structure.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO Financial

"EGS taking NCO to the GRAVE"

Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok supervisors and coworkers...other than that nothing.

Cons

I've watched this company go down hill ever since EGS took over. The constant changes, high turn over rate, and micro-managing is more that anyone can bare. It's absolutely ridiculous!!! It's bad enough you have to deal with constant disrespect from the debtors, you have even more stress to add to your daily work schedule...getting written up for NOT hitting your goal, NOT getting a high score on your monitoring, NOT hitting your dialer time, NOT being within wrap up time goal, getting a complaint and so on. Everyday you walk in, you are being threaten with your job, not to mention walking on egg shells because you never know when you are going to get fired. Tedious work schedule....sitting at a desk 8 hours a day leaving messages, listening to hangs up, debtors yelling and screaming in your ear, or worse listening to them rant on about their personal lives and their "excuses" why they do not owe the bill or can not pay....if I wanted to be a psychiatrist, I would have went to school for it. Within the TWO years I have been employed there, they have taken our incentives away and a couple of good clients has left with no replacement, no raises, yet they keep hiring new employees who end up leaving within two months....no bonus increase....nothing positive...everything is always negative, however, management expects us to come in with all smiles and positivity. YAY!! Umm, No.

Advice to Management

EGS has taken over and does not care about their employees, the ones who ACTUALLY make the money for the company and get little or no reward behind it. Shame on you! You need to take pride in your employees and SHOW you care. Bring the incentives back, increase the bonus payout, how about reinvesting in your current employees and give raises instead of wasting money and time hiring new employees who are only going to quit within two months. What about the long term employees????

2. "If you like being micro-managed, this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really aren't any pro's besides that if you're a good worker, you aren't micro-managed as much. As long as you show up on time and don't call off often and put forth a little effort, there is job security.

Cons

Rampant favoritism, discrimination and harassment is swept under the rug, staff is treated like children, short lunch, management rewards good workers with extra work for no additional pay, no where to move up within the company, management makes it clear that you're expendable

Advice to Management

Allow employees the option of an hour lunch or allow employees to finish meals at their desk. It's not fair to expect employees to choke down their lunch in less than 30 minutes. Start doing yearly evaluations and give raises accordingly.