NCO - Ok job if you need the money...not long term career investment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCO

"Ok job if you need the money...not long term career investment."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opened minded and I worked with some great people.

Cons

Locked into starting salary and very limited training.

Advice to Management

Very limited. Try to explore hidden talents in your employees and be open to those who want to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO

"Crappy pay, crappy managment, They dont recognize employee potential!!!"

Former Employee - Technical Customer Service in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Customer Service in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a fast way to find a job if you need something quick to get you thru til you find a real job.

Cons

The pay was terrible $10.75 an hour. The training and managment was a total joke. The only way to move up in the company is if you are friends with managment. Everyone is very young and inexperienced. I have 4 degrees... 3 AAS and a BA... but I was too old and not in with the trendy hipster crowd to get promoted. Guess I needed to get some tattoos and gauge my ears out.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote based on education, experience and getting the most qualified person for the job!!! And pay a fair and livable wage! Also for what you pay your employees... they cannot afford your "benifits"!

2. "NCO was the worst job"

Former Employee - Technical Customer Service in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Customer Service in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really have nothing nice to say about this sack of crap place

Cons

I worked for NCO Groups. I worked in their call center troubleshooting apple iphones. They paid $10.75/hour. I guess the only "raise" you can get is a .10 cent raise after being with the company for a year.
    The managment is a joke. They wouldn't let me leave work when I had a family medical emergency. They told me that they didn't consider my sister being in the hospital an emergency.
    Management pulled me aside on day because they didn't approve of my outfit. (I was wearing a long sweater with leggings and boots.) And the guy that sat next to be was wearing a snuggie.

Advice to Management

Give your employees annual raises. Let them leave if their family member is in the hospital. Be more considerate for your employees. The 3 months that I worked there, I would've rather jumped in front of a moving train than go to work.