NCO - Friends don't let friends work at NCO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCO

"Friends don't let friends work at NCO"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with, not including higher management, are usually ok. And it is a paying job.

Cons

Everything else. So, when I was working there we had a confusing mix of rewards systems versus punishments. The grading systems for calls was very subjective instead of objective so it was hard to know if you were ever really doing your job right at any given moment. The reward systems they did have were small at best, annoying at worst and pretty much only the same 5 people were ever involved no matter how hard you tried at your job. If you got to be a supervisor there, which I did, you didn't get any training at all in how to do your job, but plenty of being yelled at if you didn't do it EXACTLY how they wanted it done... that they never tell you to begin with... until they yell at you. Since the company has now changed over to the hands of APAC, who I used to work for as well at one point, there's not telling how the place is really now. I would suppose though, and this is just theory, that it's just as bad as APAC was when I worked there, so it wouldn't be much better than the NCO I knew.

Advice to Management

Try actually appreciating your employees and if you're going to promote someone, give them at least one week of side by side training for their job before you start yelling at them that they're not doing their job.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO

"Bad Management Flounders Money"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I have been working at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need a job, then working here is great. So:
     * Money
     * Meet new people.

Cons

* Management will sometimes screw with your check (reduce your hours worked on the sly).
    * Never receive adequate training.
    * If you're not in the big-money accounts, they treat you like garbage.
    * Managers treat employees like children.
    * Management policies force the best, smarts people out the door. (If you are capable of independent thinking, don't work here.)
    * Employees routinely blamed for management mistakes.

Advice to Management

More training needed at all levels.

2. "Review"

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Joplin, MO

I have been working at NCO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good oportunity for growth within the company when opening a new site. Fast paced and constantly changes to keep you intregued. There may be opportunities to earn a bonus depending on job function.

Cons

It is a call center. Therefore there are various types of hours, opportunities, and other demands that you may be required. If you are flexible it can be an excellent stepping stone to further grow your career opportunities.