NCO - Call Representative | Glassdoor

"Call Representative"

Former Employee - Call Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Call Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at NCO part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, good pay for a survival type job. If you are a college student, this is a great place to look into for employment. Management is nice and understanding, there is always help available for new or old employees.

Cons

Can get boring and repetitive, as can a lot of phone jobs. If the night is slow, you don't really have any options to pass time, no cell phones, drawing, homework, reading, ect. The call model does change often, and requires you to gather unnecessary information.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO

"Friends don't let friends work at NCO"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with, not including higher management, are usually ok. And it is a paying job.

Cons

Everything else. So, when I was working there we had a confusing mix of rewards systems versus punishments. The grading systems for calls was very subjective instead of objective so it was hard to know if you were ever really doing your job right at any given moment. The reward systems they did have were small at best, annoying at worst and pretty much only the same 5 people were ever involved no matter how hard you tried at your job. If you got to be a supervisor there, which I did, you didn't get any training at all in how to do your job, but plenty of being yelled at if you didn't do it EXACTLY how they wanted it done... that they never tell you to begin with... until they yell at you. Since the company has now changed over to the hands of APAC, who I used to work for as well at one point, there's not telling how the place is really now. I would suppose though, and this is just theory, that it's just as bad as APAC was when I worked there, so it wouldn't be much better than the NCO I knew.

Advice to Management

Try actually appreciating your employees and if you're going to promote someone, give them at least one week of side by side training for their job before you start yelling at them that they're not doing their job.

2. "Customer Service"

Pros

They have brought a lot of wonderful changes. Raises have increased, more training and increased benefits.

Cons

There are no cons really. The people I work with are very nice.