NCO - I loved working for the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCO

"I loved working for the company."

I worked at NCO full-time

Pros

wages were great for the position

Cons

the shifts in which they ask you to work is hard to fit when you have younger children.

Other Employee Reviews for NCO

"I worked there as a supervisor for 3 years"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Eagan, MN

I worked at NCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I do not have any pro's to list for this job

Cons

-Gauged on performance on a set of tasks that you do not have enough time in a week to complete
    -Strict policies on how you can reward and demerit both good and bad employee's
    -Expectation that as salary you are working 50+ hours per week with all tasks that are assigned to you (many of which are outside of your job description)
    -Upper management passes off it's work onto supervisors
    -Asking for help from colleagues or upper management is seen as weakness
    -Upper management will not listen to idea's or change policy
    -Recent takeover by APAC has caused many rules to change and this has put formerly employed staff members at risk of losing their position or being demoted (something as simple as facial piercing used to be accepted and now are not)
    -exceptions will not be made for any reason (unless your buddy buddy with those at the top)
    -almost impossible to get promoted unless some one else in a position is fired or quits

Advice to Management

-Treat employee's equally and fairly based on their performance and consistently
    -if there is work to be assigned outside of the normal requirements in a week, spread it out between all staff members and do not overburden your best employee's to the point of burn out-
    -Whenever there is a change of policy, contract, client, etc, make sure all management and staff members are sat down with individually
    -Do annual/monthly reviews especially with staff members like supervisors, they were hired for a reason

2. "I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy."

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to find another job after several years at this organization.

Cons

The company does not value it's employees and cares strictly for the bottom dollar. Their leadership style is to induce fear into the workforce to generate faster, higher quality service but this approach continues to not generate results.

Advice to Management

Try different approaches besides discipline and fear when looking for ways to motivate the workforce.